saber…


Thank you for...



Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks…a time for sharing warmth and togetherness…a time for family…a time for friends … and, of course, a time for feasting!

On Thanksgiving families gather around the table, hold hands and give thanks:

“I give thanks to my friends…”
“I give thanks to my family…”
“I give thanks to my health…”
“I give thanks to my school…”
“I give thanks to this feast…”

Thank you. Thank you. Thank You.

Besides feasting, family and togetherness, Thanksgiving should also be a time for realizing how treacherous and difficult the quests for a better life and freedom have been for so many human beings…


The Pilgrims, who set sail to the New World in the 17th century, endured a long journey and faced a harsh winter before encountering the land of plenty. Famine before feast. Scarcity before plenty…in doing so, they set an example of determination and hope…


For so many men, women and groups, freedom and plenty have and do not come easy. They are still a daily quest… 

As citizens of Western Europe little do we realize how fortunate we are to be able to stand for our rights, our beliefs and our ideals...

No matter how hard times may be, we are still fortunate to belong to the free world…we are fortunate to give thanks to…freedom and hope…


Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for…
Ilda Camarneira

Mensagens populares